Saturday 8 June 2013

Freebie Day!

So, first day out of hospital - what do you do?

sleep in?  hook a little? sleep?

NO! you get up WAY to early to go to your LYS local chainstore (Spotlight) for the Knit In Public Party?!

I missed 3 busses (cant drive on my painkillers) and got rather cranky, as TRANSLINK (the bus timetable line) stuffed me up again, and i'm not in a good mood and my lungs hurt and ......


SO, I pray for some strength, and decide to take a break, so I went into the mall at the bus stop  and went into Oxfam. Thought I might pick up something small for the Tea Swap parcel I'm doing.



instead, I get a keyring for the swap - and the server gives me a MASSIVE jar of Oxfams version of nutella, but NUT FREE!!! and says feel better soon!  So nice of them!  (that's $11 for nothing!)

After that, DB came and got me (stupid bus!) and took me to spotlight! Where you get to play with yarn!

 
And you meet lovely people!
 
and demonstrate what your doing with a truly terrible yarn (i'm sorry, but I hate the yarn I was demoing, so much I refuse to include the pic!)
 
and then, as your leaving......... "Miss, I'd just like to say thanks for helping today"  and suddenly I am presented with this:
 
 
 22 hook Boyle Steal/Aluminum set, a 75% aussie wool blend, 7.5mm knitting needles, a French bee knitting kit, a polar fleece rug, and a 100g ball of acrylic!

its at least $50 of crafty RIGHT THERE, and I was only demonstrating for 1 1/1 hrs!


ARRGH!!!!

So, I think today was my good karma day! we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment